Following the announcement of the draft 2023 TCR Europe calendar in Monza last year, the series can now confirm that the Pau Grand Prix event in May will replace the Red Bull Ring meeting which was originally planned for September.
The two races around the streets of Pau over the weekend of May 12th-14th will take place a fortnight after the season-opening event at Portimão in Portugal. The Red Bull Ring event was the only ‘TBC’ on the original draft calendar and so details of the other six events remain unchanged.
This switch of circuits also doesn’t affect the previously announced news that three rounds of TCR Europe will play host to the TCR World Tour. These events remain at Portimão, Spa-Francorchamps and Budapest.
TCR Europe Promoter Paulo Ferreira said: “I hope the whole TCR Europe family will enjoy the atmosphere of racing on the street circuit of Pau. Personally, I love this type of event, especially for Touring Cars. TCR racing is a show that deserves to be seen by as wide an audience as possible and so we welcome the opportunity to bring the show to the fans. Our drivers deserve this opportunity to race at such an iconic venue.”
2023 TCR Europe calendar
- 28/29/30 April – Autodromo do Algarve, Portimão, Portugal
- 12/13/14 May – Pau, France
- 26/27/27 May – Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
- 16/17/18 June – Hungaroring, Budapest, Hungary
- 21/22/23 July – Circuit Paul Ricard, Le Castellet, France
- 22/23/24 September – Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Italy
- 20/21/22 October – Circuit de Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain